New Book on Sacred Nature Sites in Europe
IUCN and Metsähallitus have publised a book on sacred lands in Europe. The book discusses sacred natural sites in protected areas of which some are members of the EUROPARC Federation.
Next to nature conservation, health benefits and local economy impacts, protected areas hold spiritual and holy values. These values are dealt with in the new book The Diversity of Sacred Lands in Europe.
The book deals with the sacred natural sites from the viewpoint of mainstream religions and indigenous peoples. It is valuable reading for all who are interested in the spiritual values of nature.
For a free download and details how to order a print copy of the book, contact Metsähallitus.
- UN World Health Day statement meets European Day of Parks idea
- TransParcNet Meeting - Registration Open Now!
- `Living Parks - dynamic, innovative places that capture your imagination´ opens in Regensburg on 2 May
- Nature Scholarship for Young European Conservationists now open
- Whats coming up for Europe's protected areas in 2012