New ideas for volunteering
A three-day training event for volunteer coordinators in protected areas held at the Gilwell Park conference centre and hosted by EAI concluded on Wednesday. Organised as part of the Volunteer Management in European Parks project and funded by the Grundtvig / EU Life Long Learning programme, the training seminar brought together participants from seven European countries.
Trainers Tony Newby and Adam Slater, from The Conservation Volunteers, took participants through the process of setting up training schemes for volunteers, so that this expertise could be used back home. Over the course of the event participants worked on developing new training schemes for volunteers in their home protected areas.
Thanks to the seminar inspiration, new ideas and shared experiences are being taken home to Spain, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Germany and within the UK.
- EUROPARC Annual conference
- Conflict management in Protected Areas: 2012 Siggen Seminar was a great success!
- European Day of Parks 2012: See the sky - Touch a tree - Feel the air - Find yourself!
- People and Parks: a sustainable relationship now and in the future
- Nature, wilderness and tourism - challenges and best practice examples from Eastern Bavaria